BioTalent’s mission is to grow, elevate, and diversify the life sciences workforce. To do this, BioTalent encompasses five main areas:
- Creating pathways to careers for non-traditional students and job seekers through our Apprenticeship Programs
- Facilitating career exploration and information for students and adults
- Offering professional training courses for incumbent workers
- Hosting the Annual Life Sciences Workforce Conference
- Providing labor market information
Life Sciences Apprenticeships
To grow and diversify the workforce, BioTalent has launched Life Sciences Apprenticeship Programs that offer streamlined pathways into the industry. The program combines technical training, on-site work experience, and income support. Working with leading life science employers, MassBioEd has designed two apprenticeships – one for Biomanufacturing Technicians and one for Clinical Trial Associates. Both programs enable individuals to obtain foundational knowledge and industry recognized skills, and quickly transition into employment that provides meaningful work, family-sustaining wages, and career growth.
Our direct-to-student programs are designed to inspire diverse middle school, high school, college, and adult learners to explore life sciences careers. These experiential events in and outside of the classroom expose students to the wide array of opportunities in the industry by connecting them to professionals from academia and life sciences professions.
We inspire our emerging workforce by bringing career information and exploration opportunities to show students the many possible careers within the life sciences. We connect schools with professional volunteers -our “Career Ambassadors” – who share their own stories about education and career choices. We bring students to companies to meet professionals and get a sense of their work life, and to colleges where they can tour laboratories and learn about different educational pathways.
MassBioEd also offers information and resources to students and career seekers on available internships, career opportunities, scholarships, and other programs. Explore our Students & Career Seekers pages to learn more.
Professional Training Courses
Our continued learning program offers a wide range of professional development options for life sciences professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills and advance their careers. Held in person and online, these sessions are tailored to ensure quality content and maximize teacher-student interaction. Courses offering business and soft skills, such as project management, communications, and leadership are held year-round.
Life Sciences Workforce Conference
The Annual Life Sciences Workforce Conference is uniquely devoted to bringing together the life sciences industry and academia to discuss training of the next generation of leaders. The conference focuses on meeting hiring needs and how industry, government, and academia can work together to build and sustain a strong life sciences workforce in the years ahead.
Labor Market Information
MassBioEd analyzes employment statistics and hiring demand in the life sciences for the purpose of forecasting job trends, identifying skills required for in-demand jobs, highlighting best practices in education and training programs, and serving as an effective guide on the talent and workforce needs for the industry. MassBioEd’s annual Life Sciences Employment Outlook highlights the current trends in hiring.
For More Information
- Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program: Learn about our apprenticeship programs.
- Career Exploration Programs: Learn about career exploration opportunities for students.
- Students and Career Seekers Resources: Explore information and resources on career opportunities in the life sciences.
- Professional Training Courses: View our course offerings focusing on business and soft skills.
- Life Sciences Workforce Conference: Learn about the annual event and past discussions.
- Labor Market Information: View employment data resources and research studies.