Support General Programming
We seek and welcome funding support in the form of grants from non-profit and corporate foundations and companies. These funds support our critical work educating the next generation, illuminating the myriad of career opportunities to underserved communities, and recruiting new skilled workers. To learn more about how you can become a partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program
Our Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program for Biomanufacturing Technicians (BMTs), Lab Support Specialists (LSSs), and Clinical Trial Associates (CTAs) provides accelerated training for individuals to gain foundational knowledge and acquire industry recognized skills. Companies gain access to a pool of work-ready candidates with skills perfectly matched to employer needs, and individuals will have opportunities for new careers at sustainable wages. View Sponsor benefits.
2021 was the program’s inaugural year. We accepted 30 apprentices into the program with 15 employer partners in the Greater Boston area.
In 2022, we doubled the number of apprentices served and expanded our reach geographically into Central MA.
Overall, we have achieved the following results:
- 96 Apprentices accepted into Program with 22 Employer Partners.
- 95% of Apprentices completed classes.
- 45% of Apprentices were unemployed prior to enrollment.
- For those employed, the average wage increased 33% in the first month of on-the-job training.
- 64% of the Apprentices are People of Color.
- The average age of Apprentices is 34 years old.
- 90% of Apprentices who completed the program were offered permanent positions.