MassBioEd has created three Apprenticeship programs, one for Biomanufacturing Technicians (BMTs), one for Clinical Trial Associates (CTAs) and one for Laboratory Support Specialists (LSSs). These unique life sciences apprenticeships provide accelerated training for individuals to gain foundational knowledge and acquire industry recognized skills. Companies that participate in the apprenticeship programs gain access to a pool of work-ready candidates with skills perfectly matched to employer needs. Individual apprentices will have opportunities for new careers at sustainable wages. View Employer Partners.
MassBioEd apprenticeships have been designed in close partnership with leading life science employers, universities and professional associations to be scalable across the industry and across the country. Our apprenticeships offer an accelerated training program for individuals to gain foundational knowledge, industry recognized skills and work experience.
All programs share these essential features:
- MassBioEd works with employer partners to determine applicant qualifications.
- MassBioEd recruits and assesses prospective apprentices: then employer partners interview candidates and select participants to invite for on-the-job training.
- Selected candidates begin the program with a classroom-based, industry-specific curriculum enhanced by soft skills training and general biotech industry overview information.
- Apprentices transition into on-the-job training at employer partners at apprenticeship wages.
- When training is complete, apprentices are ready to move into full-time, permanent employment.
For more details, please view our Apprenticeship Program Overview.
“We are INSPIRED by these individuals; we’ve been emotionally-charged (in a really great way) by them. These folks just need an opportunity, someone to open the door. They are individuals who have much potential and we are fortunate to be part of their journey.”Employer Partner, 2022
If you are interested in becoming an Employer Partner or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AbbVie – Worcester, MA
- Agios Pharmaceuticals – Cambridge, MA
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals – Norton, MA
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals – Waltham, MA
- Arranta Bio – Watertown, MA
- Blueprint Medicines – Cambridge, MA
- Boston Lab Services – Burlington, MA
- Bristol Myers Squibb – Devens, MA
- Corning Life Sciences – Bedford, MA
- Covis Pharma – Waltham, MA
- Ginkgo Bioworks – Boston, MA
- Halloran Consulting – Boston, MA
- Jounce Therapeutics – Cambridge, MA
- Magenta Therapeutics – Cambridge, MA
- MassBiologics – Mattapan, MA
- Pfizer – Andover, MA
- Praxis Precision Medicines – Cambridge, MA
- Rentschler – Milford, MA
- Replimune – Framingham, MA
- Replimune – Woburn, MA
- Surface Oncology – Cambridge, MA
- Takeda – Lexington, MA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Cambridge & Lexington, MA
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals – Boston, MA