Please view the discount options for courses before registering here.
Building & Managing a High Performing Team is intended to help leaders at all levels in the biotech and biopharma industries improve how well they participate in and lead teams. The course focuses on principles that enhance leaders’ collaboration skills and help them to better model effective collaboration for others. Participants will consider how to address some of the typical dysfunctions and challenges that can diminish a team’s effectiveness.
- Thursday, May 25th, 2023 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST (Online)
- Thursday, June 1st, 2023 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST (Online)
- Thursday, June 8th, 2023 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST (In Person at MassBioEd’s Office)
Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before class starts during the last session. Class will start at 10:00 AM. We will have breaks in between.
This course will be held online and in-person. Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result (72 hours prior) will be required. Coffee and lunch will be provided during the in person session.
Session 1-2 (Online):
- Collaboration Principle: Constructive Conflict is Essential
- Collaboration Principle: Psychological Safety Matters
- Collaboration Principle: Seek Win-Win
- Collaboration Principle: Balance Advocacy & Inquiry
- Leader as Collaborator
- High Performing Teams – Success Factors
- Building a New Team
- Stages of Team Development
- Leader as Lynchpin
- Stakeholder Management
Session 3 (In Person):
Session 3 :
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
- Disagree & Commit
- Fostering a One-Team Culture
- Leader as Teambuilder
- Maximizing Team Performance
- Meeting Effectiveness
- Framework for Continuous Team Improvement
Human Resources Consultant