The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity, and diversity.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for recording daily and monthly A/P and A/R transactional activities, while adhering to GAAP and MassBioEd accounting policies. They will also research and record general ledger activities, handle month-end closing activities, reconcile accounts as directed, prepare financial-related reports and schedules, and assist with the preparation of audit materials.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and assist with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Record and deposit daily cash receipts and prepare contract and grant billings
- Allocate expenses to proper programs and departments and monitor expenses for compliance with program and department budgets
- Prepare and distribute stipend and other checks
- Assist with the maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the General Ledger
- Generate journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports and develop financial analysis as requested
- Assist with annual external audit
- Prepare cash flow projections
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget process
- Update finance department policies and procedures
- Provide support and financial information for funder proposals
- Support preparation of financial reports for Board of Directors meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of General Ledger Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience in Not For Profit Accounting preferred
- Strong administrative, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable detail-oriented abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Advanced skills in Excel, including Vlookups and Pivot Tables a plus
- Experience taking initiative to solve problems independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment and delivering results while managing competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals, and our corporate and community partners
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work, the communities we serve, and our volunteers and donors.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary will be in the range of $75,000-$80,000/year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142