The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity, and diversity.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Marketing, the Special Events and Communications Manager will be responsible for managing all events and developing strategy and materials for the organization’s external and internal communications.
- Develop strategy and oversee the execution of annual fundraising and education events, which foster strong community relations, press and brand awareness.
- Manage event logistics and marketing materials.
- Create sponsorship packages.
- Develop content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social media and web.
- Develop budgets and oversee financial reporting to internal departments and sponsors as needed.
- Provide expertise to staff in planning program events.
- Manage consultants and vendors prior to and during the event.
- Negotiate with venues, consultants and vendors.
- Oversee post-event coordination including but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting and data transfer.
- Oversee and plan all marketing activities, including social media activity, paid advertising, etc.
- Responsible for corporate communications and marketing materials, including writing blog posts, creating flyers, newsletters, marketing and other public-facing materials and designing collateral that adhere to the organization’s brand in style and tone.
- Ensure all corporate outreach efforts are synchronized with the organization’s current fundraising portfolio.
- Engage Board of Directors in marketing and event initiatives, manage Board Communications Committee and present activities at Board meetings.
- Research new avenues to build public awareness and ensure all internal and external channels are utilized.
- Market professional training courses for incumbent workers including development of collateral materials.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with press contacts.
- Manage relationships with external design and printing vendors.
- Manage internal marketing assets, such as stock images, designs, logos.
- Maintain and update the social media calendar.
- Gather content from staff for social distribution.
- Draft and schedule social media posts.
- Engage with lists on social media channels by liking and retweeting posts.
- Research new tools and applications as needed.
- Maintain contact lists for policy and press contacts.
- Update contact records and lists in database.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of communications experience
- Relevant events management experience
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with graphic design programs and the ability to learn additional applications
- Experience with Canva, HootSuite, Mailchimp, WordPress or other similar tools a plus
- Experience with database management
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment and meeting multiple deadlines
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary: $60,000-70,000. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Opportunity and Diversity
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142