The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity and diversity.
MassBioEd’s Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program trains people for new careers in the life sciences. We provide free education & training for individuals looking to make a career change to a rewarding career with opportunities for professional growth. In order to expand the pipeline of candidates ready for this rigorous training program, the Program Coordinator will join a staff team to help to bring this unique opportunity to hundreds of individuals across Massachusetts to enter a new career.
This is a full-time hybrid role that reports to the Assistant Director of Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program.
- Assist in building & expanding recruitment plans to identify sources of potential apprentices.
- Schedule, organize, and cohost virtual information sessions for candidates to learn about the program.
- Assist with production & updating slide decks, recruitment flyers, & informational material.
- Collect, verify, & organize documentation for candidates applying to apprenticeship program including vaccination status, IDs, & I-9s and background checks.
- Proctor online assessments for program readiness via standardized tests.
- Participate in the evaluation & selection of apprentices to programs.
- Assist in obtaining & submitting apprentice agreements to the Commonwealth of MA Division of Apprentice Standards.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employer partners in scheduling employer interviews.
- Assist in monitoring apprentices’ program & workplace experience.
- Support MassBioEd Apprenticeship Team in monitoring, assessing, & documenting program success using apprentice, mentor, & employer feedback, surveys, office hours & other events.
- Support Apprenticeship Team with pre-apprenticeship program operations & partnerships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ relevant work experience, ideally in human resources, talent acquisition, workforce development, or education.
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and connection to the work, the communities we serve.
- Experience in program tracking and evaluation.
- Strong written & verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, and to meet deadlines; able to readily accommodate changes in assignments & priorities.
- Computer literacy including strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online meeting skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, and presentations with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn & use new computer programs/applications as necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary will be in the range of $50,000-55,000/year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this posting
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142