The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity, and diversity.
The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd) seeks a Career Coach to support its Life Sciences Career Hub. The Career Hub increases awareness of, and access to, the life sciences industry by providing information and career services to the residents. Programs and services include life sciences industry awareness workshops, soft skills training, career coaching, and career fairs. The Life Sciences Career Coach provides one-on-one and group coaching to residents seeking employment in the life sciences. The Coach works with clients to identify their career goals, understand, navigate, and gain access to education and training programs, prepare for job interviews, and network with potential employers. The Coach also provides support and guidance throughout the job search process. The Coach will work closely with the team to develop and deliver life sciences career awareness programming to community members throughout Massachusetts.
- Build and maintain relationships with life sciences employers and develop an in-depth understanding of life sciences careers in Massachusetts to help adults access careers in the life sciences.
- Build and maintain relationships with education and training providers to assess the quality of their program offerings and facilitate clients into the most appropriate programs.
- Meet with clients one-on-one and in groups to assess their career goals, skills, and experience.
- Develop personalized coaching plans to help clients achieve their career goals.
- Support clients in understanding and accessing education and training programs that match their situation, needs, and career goals.
- Teach clients networking skills and how to identify and connect with potential employers.
- Provide support and guidance throughout the job search process.
- Facilitate group workshops on life sciences career awareness, soft skills, career development topics, such as resume writing, interviewing, and networking.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the life sciences industry and job market trends.
- Collaborate with other Life Sciences Career Hub staff to provide comprehensive career awareness and coaching services to clients.
- Assist with research and development of new career services programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in career coaching or counseling with adults.
- Understanding of the life sciences industry and job market trends.
- Experience working with clients from diverse academic, economic, cultural, and language backgrounds.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Strong administrative, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable detail-oriented abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work, the communities we serve, and our volunteers and donors.
- Experience working in Boston neighborhoods.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary: $60,000-65,000/year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142