The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity and diversity.
The Senior Manager of Industry Engagement will be an integral member of MassBioEd’s team to support growth and increase impact of MassBioEd’s programs. The Senior Manager will provide outreach to employers to engage them in MassBioEd’s programs, in particular the Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program, Life Sciences Career Hub, Professional Training Courses, and as a potential funder. The Senior Manager of Industry Engagement will report to the Vice President of Operations and Workforce Development.
- Build and manage relationships with employers in the life sciences sector to increase the impact of MassBioEd’s programs to develop talent for the life sciences workforce.
- Identify, initiate, and maintain long-term relationships with senior leaders of potential employer partners in order to engage employers in workforce development activities such as hiring apprentices, participating in career fairs, volunteering as career speakers and mentors.
- Act as a point of contact for employers looking to engage with MassBioEd.
- Partner closely with internal teams to provide employers with information regarding program partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Craft employer outreach materials and develop long-term partnership opportunities.
- Represent MassBioEd in the community and increase visibility of MassBioEd at networking events, conferences, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a business development focused role.
- Experience working in the life sciences sector.
- Experience working with employer partners and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employer partners.
- Expertise in the life sciences industry including an understanding of careers in the industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals and our corporate and community partners.
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work and the communities we serve.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or Veteran status.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142