The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity, and diversity.
MassBioEd’s Life Sciences Apprenticeship program trains people for new careers in the life sciences. We provide free education and training for individuals looking to make a critical career move and embark on a new path with rewarding work and opportunities for professional growth. In order to grow the pipeline of candidates ready for this rigorous training program, MassBioEd is developing a pre-apprenticeship program to provide English, math, and professional skills to candidates to prepare them for the Life Sciences Apprenticeship Program. Its new Manager will help to bring a unique opportunity to hundreds of individuals across Massachusetts to enter a new career.
- Assist in building and expanding recruitment to identify new sources of potential apprentices, especially from historically under-represented communities.
- Develop pre-apprenticeship program curriculum with the Apprenticeship Team and community partners.
- Manage pre-apprenticeship instructors and/or training providers.
- Design and conduct pre- and post-assessments for apprenticeship program readiness via standardized tests and interviews, collate and rank assessments.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of apprentices.
- Assist with production of collateral material such as flyers, slide decks, and social media content.
- Collect and verify all personal documentation for candidates to apprenticeship program.
- Work with Apprenticeship Team to monitor, assess and document program success using apprentice and instructor feedback, focus groups and other appropriate measures.
- Manage the documentation of program data and submission to various regulatory and funding agencies.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant work experience, preferably in career coaching, human resources, talent acquisition, or workforce development.
- Experience in program tracking and evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with the life science industry preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to become familiar with other programs and software as needed.
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work and the communities we serve.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be in the range of $55,000-$65,000/year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Opportunity and Diversity
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142