The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity and diversity.
The Office Manager is a linchpin role ensuring smooth operations and providing administrative support for MassBioEd as a whole, including human resources and information technology management, light accounting, coordinating meetings, and serving as executive assistant to the CEO.
MassBioEd is currently operating in a hybrid work environment with approximately half time in the office and half-time remote work.
- Plan all-staff activities, such as staff meetings and retreats in collaboration with team.
- Serve on and staff the internal Staff Appreciation Committee, organizing team building events and rewards for staff.
- Oversee staff onboarding and offboarding process, including account, system, and equipment access and set up and maintain human resources documentation.
- Interface with office vendors and service providers, including IT, phone, and building services.
- Maintain office supplies and IT equipment inventory.
- Help maintain organization of shared in person office spaces and remote shared drive.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar and assist in scheduling meetings.
- Manage incoming and outgoing packages and mail.
- Support organization of and data entry in customer relationship management database.
- Serve as the face of MassBioEd, answering calls to the main line and greeting visitors.
- Process staff expense reports and assist with Accounts Payable processing.
- Support teams on projects including marketing and communications, events, and research.
- Associate degree or 2 years relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable detail-oriented abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals, and corporate and community partners.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced mission-focused environment
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and connection to the work, the communities we serve.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 annually. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Opportunity and Diversity
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
MassBioEd 255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142