The Career Ambassador Program builds a critical bridge between classroom and careers. Ambassadors from all areas of the life sciences industry share their experiences and enthusiasm with students considering a career in the life sciences, and adults contemplating a career change or advancement. We welcome all professionals from the life sciences industry with various skills and professions to participate. Career Ambassadors can choose the level of commitment, schedule, and the type of students they wish to engage with – middle school, high school, college, and graduate level opportunities are available.
Career Ambassador Events include:
- Visits to classrooms to speak about their career path and describe a range of career opportunities related to that path
- Participation in an on-site or remote career panel or career event
- Assisting teachers in conducting lab activities
- Mentoring for college or graduate students and apprentices
- On-site or remote tours of laboratory or work environment
The Career Ambassador shared valuable life experiences with me that have inspired me to continue to pursue my dreams.Student, NIIMBL Experience, 2020