The life sciences is an ever-evolving industry in which there are always new and exciting discoveries to be made and problems to be solved. It has become a major employment sector in Massachusetts, and around the world. This dynamic industry offers a wide range of employment opportunities which allow you to address significant challenges facing humankind and our planet. A career in the life sciences industry gives you the power to make a difference in the world and save lives. Life sciences professionals are:
- Making a difference in the lives of others through drug discovery for the treatment of illnesses
- Leaders in agriculture, aquaculture, and food production
- Involved in new energy production and waste management
- Doctors, nurses, and health sciences professionals
- Consultants, educators, lawyers, and government officials
Explore varied careers, foundational sciences, and lab facilities in the life sciences at the links below.
- View our Life Sciences Careers overview video.
- View career paths for college and high school students.
- Explore industry trends and access free employment data.
Virtual Lab Tours
Science Behind the Careers
Other External Resources
- Chemistry Careers
- Biology Careers
- Microbiology Careers
- Animal Husbandry Careers
- Clinical Careers
- Medicinal Chemistry Careers
- Biotechnology Careers
- Biomanufacturing Process Technician
- I Am A Scientist
- NIIMBLE-Education and Training Resources
- Addgene’s Science Career Guide
- Chemist in the Real World-Career Profiles
- Conversation on Biotechnology and Graduate School