The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity, and diversity.
The Instructional Coordinator works on MassBioEd’s corporate course offerings which are professional development classes for life sciences incumbent workers. Current courses include Intro to Biotech, leadership, technical skills, and supervisor trainings. The full list of course offerings can be found here: https://www.massbioed.org/professional-training-courses/.
Conferring with the Senior Director of Workforce Strategy and the Manager of Courses and Industry Partnerships, the Professional Training Courses Instructional Coordinator will support MassBioEd’s Professional Training Courses, including the development and optimization of courses (25%), hiring and supervision of instructors (50%), and the implementation of processes to improve program efficiency (25%).
The position is intended for a contractor with an anticipated work schedule of approximately 10 hours per week.
- Oversee Professional Training Course instructors for content development and educational quality, ensuring content is updated and engaging.
- Identify new opportunities to grow the professional training courses program. Develop ideas for new courses, packaging MassBioEd branded courses, sourcing and hiring new instructors.
- Research similar courses and determine appropriate pricing, risk and margin analysis.
- Work with staff team to develop program processes and efficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in education and/or corporate training.
- Understanding of training needs of life sciences professionals.
- Ability to interact at the executive level.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire the trust and confidence of others in the organization and external partners.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
$80-90/hour for up to 10 hours/week
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this posting
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142