The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity and diversity.
The Professional Training Courses (PTC) Course Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Workforce Development Strategy and manages all the day-to-day operations of MassBioEd’s growing portfolio of industry professional training courses. This includes overall scheduling, marketing and communications, registration, communication with participants and instructors, materials production, onsite registration, onsite and virtual technical support, post-course evaluation, data and record management, and reporting. In addition, this role works closely with the Senior Director of Workforce Development Strategy, Senior Manager of Industry Engagement, Instructional Coordinator, Vice President of Workforce Development, and Office Manager, and also interacts routinely with external industry companies and program partners to promote and coordinate program offerings.
- Work with internal team and instructors to build annual schedule of courses.
- Create all courses in our registration system (Neon) and post on our website (using WordPress) ensuring descriptions, rates, dates, and all other details are correctly displayed.
- In partnership with MassBioEd Communications team, develop and drive course marketing strategy and materials, including flyers, course newsletters and social media content and posts.
- Respond to all inquiries concerning courses, providing resources and details to individuals and Human Resources professionals within industry companies inquiring about PTC offerings.
- Provide consultation and support for companies to learn about and use the Workforce Training Fund’s Express and General Programs.
- Manage registration database (Neon) for all courses, including payment processing and applying discounts.
- Meet with course instructors and the Instructional Coordinator to discuss content updates and as needed and provide them with registration lists in advance of the start of each course.
- Develop and produce course materials according to brand guidelines for advanced distribution, including course packets and certificates.
- Prepare Zoom for remote courses and space for in-person courses, working closely with the office manager, instructors, and representatives at the event space to ensure smooth delivery.
- Manage communications with course attendees, including sending out materials and course information, as well as the post-course survey.
- Develop and manage evaluation survey responses for every course. Collect and analyze results with the Instructional Coordinator. Share a summary of feedback with instructors.
- Annually submit/resubmit new and existing courses to the Express Program (Workforce Training Fund) to maintain eligibility of MassBioEd’s courses under the reimbursement program.
- Serve as a key external ambassador of MassBioEd Professional Training Courses, always representing a quality program and providing superior support.
- Identify new opportunities to grow the professional training courses, work with internal team to generate ideas for new offerings; packaging of MassBioEd branded courses; locating sites in multiple regions for course offerings; and hiring/onboarding new instructors.
- Develop regular reports of data conveying participation, satisfaction, impact, and revenue for PTC against annual benchmarks.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in education, life sciences or biotechnology is preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service, administrative, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable detail-oriented abilities required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Experience taking initiative to solve problems independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment and delivering results while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals, and corporate and community partners.
- Interest in science education and/or workforce development evidenced by a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work, the communities we serve, and our volunteers and donors.
- Ability to be in the office in Cambridge for courses that begin before the start of, or end after, standard work hours.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary will be in the range of $55,000-$65,000 per year. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, long and short-term disability, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and paid time off.
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities. View our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/.
At MassBioEd, we value:
- An inclusive, open, inviting, and diverse work culture.
- Building our team and interpersonal rapport.
- Maximizing both productivity and collaboration.
- Work/life balance.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
MassBioEd 255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142