The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is in its third decade of growing and developing talent in the Massachusetts life sciences workforce which in turn, develops innovations that save and improve lives. Please visit https://www.massbioed.org/about-careers to review all open positions.
Founded in 2001 by the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, MassBioEd has evolved into a key link connecting students, educators, and professionals to the exciting opportunities within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to build a sustainable life sciences workforce in the region through educational and training programs that engage and excite teachers, inspire and propel students, and illuminate the pathway from the classroom to career with a focus on expansion, opportunity and diversity.
This part time position reports to the Vice President of Biotechnology Education Programs and works closely with classroom middle and high school teachers in the greater Boston area. The BioTeach Instructor will travel to partner schools to support implementation of life sciences labs and lessons and life sciences career awareness curricula.
Support the delivery of MassBioEd’s education programs including:
- Travel to middle and high schools in Boston, Revere, Malden, Stoughton and others approximately 2 days/week from September – June to provide in person support to middle and high school classes engaged in labs and career awareness programs as part of our life science and career education programs
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Biotechnology Education Programs, prepare and support industry volunteers to deliver career programming to school partners
- Support the authoring and delivery of email and newsletter communication to stakeholders
- Work with MassBioEd team to monitor, assess and evaluate program impact using student and teacher feedback, focus groups and other appropriate measures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life sciences or education a minimum
- 2 years or more teaching secondary science in traditional, blended and/or remote classrooms
- Familiarity with the research and careers in the biotechnology industry
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines: must be able to accommodate changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the team
- Experience taking initiative to solve problems independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy including: strong word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, database and web management skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, presentations, statistical/technical/scientific materials, etc. with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this post
Opportunity and Diversity
We strive for diversity and equity in all the work we do. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views to best serve our communities.
MassBioEd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or Veteran status.
View our DEI Statement: https://www.massbioed.org/dei-statement/
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
255 Main Street, 8th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142